1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists freed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OTD, Aug 4, 2009.

1. OTD

OTD Active Member

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korean media say leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two American journalists and ordered their release during the visit of former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
  2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's good news.
  3. spnited

spnited Active Member

covered on the original thread on the J-board

Again, nice work by Bill Clinton. Too bad the Bushies never learned how to negotiate anythning.
  4. OTD

OTD Active Member

This seemed more like breaking news to me, but mods, feel free to merge or delete if you like.
  5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I agree with you, OTD.
  6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Great news. Good for Bill.
  7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

Fantastic news. A reason to be thankful.
  8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Great news.

And nice work, Bubba.
  9. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Wow! That was pretty damn fast. I know NK's probably only doing it for good pub, or whatever, but who cares. Great, great news.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The music of "Enter Sandman" came to my mind when I saw Clinton coming off the plane. The guy might be the best political closer of all-time.
  11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I look forward to reading what kind of negative spin SportsJournalists.com Hick Nation can put on Clinton freeing journalists.
  12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Bill Clinton is THE man. I don't care what he did in the oval office, he's still proving he's THE man!
Draft saved Draft deleted