1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalist outburst at Obama town hall meeting

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NoOneLikesUs, Aug 6, 2008.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Inky---your comparison between two seemingly opposing scenarios actually involves the same thing----purported journalists with credentials solely there to draw attention to themselves. Most of those network and cable reports at WH are there only to ask outrageous, stupid questions so that they will draw attention to themselves, and get their face and voice on camera as much as possible so their shallow producers back in studio can sit on their fat arses and declare, 'Oh, our reporter So-and-So is really do a great job." It's all just a big choregraphed circus meant to cerate a televised moment vs. gathering legit news information.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Give an example of an outrageous, stupid question asked at a WH briefing.

I'll give you a head start: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/briefings/

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Please, clutch, for all that is holy, tell me you're not in the business.

Please.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When was the last time a photog shouted down a POTUS to demand he say the Pledge before speaking?

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Clutch Cargo is a plant.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just wish the first words the photog said weren't "I pledge allegiance to the flag" and instead were "Please don't tase me bro."

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes, and I have the picture to prove it!

[​IMG]

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He and Host should team up to save American journalism. They could roam the nation determining what questions should be asked by the media and exposing the sins of politicians' ancestors.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Perhaps he can team up with henry and advocate for plagiarism AND inserting oneself into the story.

It'd be a two-fer!

11. First, I don't agree with your premise, but even if I did, that's not the same as some idiot shouting over the crowd, repeatedly, creating a spectacle.
    Journalists asking questions of the president are doing their jobs. A photographer making himself the story at a rally is not.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Now that the Bloomberg Boob has been dealt with, we can move on (heh) to proper forms of discpline for the minority journos who gave famous Irish candidate Barry O'Bama a standing ovation, then rushed to the stage after his speech for autographs and photos.

C'mon, if it was Nick Satan Saban, you'd all be pissing down yer legs.

Draft saved Draft deleted