1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Josh Hancock family to sue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Rules of Golf, May 24, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Generally, yes. But the first principle its establishes is the responsibility of the bar for who and what it serves.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Drink responsibly. Designate a driver who hasn't been drinking. Take responsibility for your actions.

Those are three reasons why there should be at least one less lawsuit filed ... and one less person killed.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Interesting. That's sad on so many levels if true.

I guess the father can settle out of court for $1 and be done with the whole thing.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Since I can't add too much more, I'll just say it's the ballsiest lawsuit ever filed. So much absurdity here.

5. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Not that I know anything about the Hancock's family's financial situation, but I guess the lack of a son's big-league salary in the family means no more Hummers as Christmas present, ergo the loss of the gravy train.

I guess that's cynical.

6. HejiraHenry

Well, I suspect he could be challenged as not adequately doing his job as executor if he did that. But it certainly puts him in a position to help avoid an ugly court appearance.

Or, honestly, maybe I have misread the thing. But that's the impression I get.

7. HejiraHenry

No, or you would know that Dean Hancock is very successful in his chosen field as the head of a medical- issues-related nonprofit.

They're well enough off to send their daughter out of state to walk on with an SEC basketball program.

And Josh Hancock was only set to make $400K or so this season. That's not chump change, certainly, but we're not talking ARod cash, either.

8. Props to the Tupelo and its fine staff for getting this story.

9. HejiraHenry

It walked right in the front door, so to speak.

10. Not a damn thing wrong with dat.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Or pretty accurate.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Did they have time to before sponge liver got distracted and rammed himself into the truck?

Draft saved Draft deleted