1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jordan/Pippen vs. James/Wade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 14, 2011.

1. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

I think LeBron and Wade get the proper amount of respect for their talent. They are two of the five best players in today's NBA.

2. secretariat

What the fuck does that have to do with the discussion? LeBron bitched out in an elimination game against the Celtics. I WIN!

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jordan wipes his ass with any other player in my lifetime. I don't know who the second best player of the last 37 years is, but Jordan is No. 1 by such a huge margin the No. 2 player can hear an echo when he calls up to Jordan.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree. LeBron and Pippen were both whiny bitches who quit on their teams in the playoffs.

5. secretariat

Kobe did the same fucking thing. Which is why it has zero to do with anything.

6. MrHavercamp

MrHavercamp Member

Here's my argument. LeBron does nothing better than Jordan did. Not one single thing. Now tell me in what areas that you think LeBron is his equal.

7. secretariat

He's Jordan's equal athletically. But that doesn't mean he's the equal player.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is an argument that the baseball half of me hates, but I think that basketball is a different kind of sport, and I think it is valid: He will never be Jordan, because he simply doesn't want it badly enough. He's not a killer. He has flashes of it. Maybe the other night against Boston, during that 16-0 run, was the start of something. But MJ would kill you to win a basketball game. He would kill you. He would kill your goldfish. He would kill your wife's flower bed to beat you. LeBron would rather "take (his) talent to South Beach."

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Jordan is the clear No. 1 in this little game. And, although Pippin is number 4, he's a lot closer to the other three than some folks here are giving him credit for. People forget what an awesome lockdown defender he was.

Plus Jordan and Pippin meshed SO well together, styles that complemented each other without ever interfering with the other's game. Lebron and Wade have considerably more overlap in styles.

I'd take Jordan/Pippin without hesitation.

10. secretariat

Pippen. For Christ's sake.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess you can't be wrong in your opinion, but in the two years Jordan was away Pippen made All-NBA first team twice and finished third in the MVP voting once, so I am not exactly sure how you come to your conclusion that he was never one of the top five players in the NBA.

The bigger problem here, though, is that you listen to Colin Cowherd.

12. secretariat

Chicken dinner, etc. My dead uncle's left nut has more NBA knowledge than that douche juice.

Draft saved Draft deleted