1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jordan-Hare question.....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colin Dunlap, Sep 15, 2009.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Aww, crapola... thought this was going to be a SpaceJam thread ... :D

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I rather liked making that hike each Saturday. I like being able to see people tailgating and enjoying themselves, rather than bypassing all of it like you do at some places.

After a Georgia-Auburn game a few years ago, I wound up doing a post-game tailgate with some of my buddies that cover Georgia (none of whom are still covering the Dogs, which is kind of stunning). We stood around drinking beers and watching games on TV with a random guy nearby who had his RV all set up. It was a nice reminder of what everyone else gets to do before the games.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they had a cooler full of Newcastle?

4. SouthernStyle

SouthernStyle Member

The problems I've had in Oxford weren't on campus. Getting on campus was the problem. Stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic flowing at a snail's with a bunch of drunks that didn't know which lane they needed to be in. And when all that traffic tries to flow onto campus, it's a disaster waiting to happen. But I did have one good experience at Ole Miss. One of the gameday employees drove us to the stadium in a golf cart from our assigned lot.

5. SouthernStyle

SouthernStyle Member

Newcastle is overrated. Sweet Water Georgia Brown is where it's at. Much better and a little cheaper, but you can only buy this beer in certain parts of Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yep, they do that in Fayetteville as well. It's a big help there, because the media lot as it the bottom of a hill and the stadium is at the top.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. SoCar seems like a breeze by comparison.

8. JackReacher

Plus, it tastes like raisins. Ain't that right, John? :)

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Bastard.

And I'm drinking more Fat Tire now because I can get it on tap at a bunch of places around town.

10. JackReacher

Very nice.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No, it's South Carolina. (Never been to Clemson).

Williams-Brice Stadium is in a fairgrounds, and there is only one way in and one way out. And the parking lot is on a one-way, circular drive, so if you over-shoot the media parking lot, you're screwed.

12. Sammi

Sammi Member

But Clemson does blow!

Been to Auburn once and was getting cussed up and down by one drunkard. We were there doing a story on the referee, not on the opposition, dumbass!

Draft saved Draft deleted