1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joooohn Maaaaaaaine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 10, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you like Lisa Loeb and you like the Mets, you will love Joooohn Maaaaaaaine, sung to the tune of Stay by Lisa Loeb:

He shoulda changed "I missed you" to "he whiffed you" rather than "you struck out", but it's fantastic besides that.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He's no David Wright, but John Maine is quality.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This one's the best acoustic tribute, in my opinion: Mark Teixeira.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy, holy fuck. :) :D ;D

That made my fucking day. 81 days 'til Opening Day, bitches!

And the Maine one? Yeah, that was lame. No bias, either. That dude needs to get laid.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

For us poor Cubs fans: "Hey Lou Piniella" (warning: this song is to the tune of "Hey There, Delilah").

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Same guys also did a Tim Hudson one.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I posted that on one of the baseball threads last year, but I'm sure it just got lost in the shuffle. The Teixeira one, while a lot funnier, was also original. Two thumbs up from this guy in a blue hooded sweatshirt.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Maine would actually be pissed as shit. The dude's a metalhead, through and through. He'd probably take that person and dump them in a Slayer 'pit. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted