1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jones says ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Sep 14, 2006.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Fuck, I wish.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Some things cannot be explained by mortal men.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Gallbladder doesn't stop me drinking. Like someone else already said, now I have more room for my liver to grow.

I'll try to make it to Vegas. I'm gonna be swamped around then, but it's on the burner.

(A post without cusswords! Woo-hoo!)

4. joe

joe Active Member

You're just not trying. Slacker.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I can echo Jones on this one. My gallbladder's out, and my doc just told me no alcohol for a month. I've been fine ever since.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Buckdog, you're funny like polio.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well played, buckdub. Fuck, I wish I had time to drink these days.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Who needs time to drink? Hell, Joe doesn't. From all I've heard, Jones doesn't either.

Joe, I've got a pint of Dead Guy in my fridge that I will raise in your honor when I get home in an hour. :D

9. joe

joe Active Member

I KNEW I could teach your pup ass sumpin'. Dead Guy rules.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No alcohol for a month? My doctor never told me that when i had my gall bladder removed. And ever since it's been gone (13 years now), the hangovers haven't been nearly as bad.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Having read this yesterday (I think...time moves in weird fashion for me recently) I'm glad joe posted it. I giggled several times, and I've never met joe.

Nor have I ever been drinking at Nye's.

But since I JUST NOW got that issue of Esquire (along with this month's, on the same day), reading Jones' story after reading joe's made it somehow more fun.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Maybe he just told me that because he also gave me about 100 Vicodin when I was discharged. And I've never had a hangover, so I have no basis for comparison.

Draft saved Draft deleted