1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JonBenet Ramsay killer confesses?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 16, 2006.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Watch the TV footage. He looks as though he's making things up as he goes. He looks as though he's putting on an act, and not doing a very good job of it. I have no idea what's going on, but I'd bet money he didn't do it. I wouldn't bet against a conviction, but he didn't do it.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

My off-the-wall guess? Got arrested in Bangkok and wants the hell out of there ... AND FAST. And what better way than to admit to offing JonBenet?

Either that, or he's just completely farked in the head.

Regardless, I'm calling bullshit on him actually having done it.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. DA in that press conference said -- reading between the lines -- that they didn't have anything on him yet. They acted now so that maybe the guy didn't flee, which is hardly convincing.

More than anything else, he looked like a patsy, like a Lee Harvey Oswald.

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Apparently dude had two teenage brides while living in North Alabama.

One was 13, when he was 19.

Have at it, Mizzou.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't think this guy had a thing to do with JonBenet. He's just flat-out nuts.

And he looks like a Gary Numan bobblehead.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He's a nut that a lot of newspapers believed.

Once the truth comes out, they'll look like fools and be playing spin doctor once again. You'd think they would tire of that. But no.

7. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

It's a proud day to be a UNA alum.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Back to the Thailand stuff:

Man who go through turnstile too quickly end up in Bangkok.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If this guy didn't do it, the JonBenet's dad is going to get super pissed and kill the son, then himself, and then there won't be any more Ramseys. Imagine that episode of South Park ...

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The way he was paraded around Thailand, he reminded me of Lee Harvey Oswald before he was capped.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You are very clever, or you didn't catch it. Either way I must say nice work.

And as a refute, it isn't so much a newspaper problem as it is a television problem. Specifically cable television news. The WashPost and AP accounts I read were pretty even-handed. Noting some of the troubles with this guy, but also how he knows things he shouldn't.
    But I watched CNN for a good hour yesterday, or now the day before yesterday, and not a single person noted the problems, and if the Post can get them in, it wasn't some kind of late-breaking development.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Put me in the he didn't do it camp, I'd say I'm about 85 per cent sure on that.

1) I think he's a pediphile
    2) I think he is deeply disturbed
    3) I think he is highly dilusional and he may truly believe in his heart that he did kill Jonbenet. He is said to be obsessed with her and the case, apparently writting everything from essays to the beginnings of a book.I thiink he is fucked up enough that eventually his obsession/fantasy has taken over.
    4) His wife that divorced him in 2000 or 2001 said he was with her in Georgia that Christmas. She was 16 when they married, his previous wife was 13 when they were married but had the wedding annuled a year latter, aparently fearing for her life.

However there are a couple of things that keep me hanging on that he may be the killer.
    1) Apparently he knew details of the case that had not been released to the public.
    2) one way or another I do not put any stock in this press tour of Bangkock he went on. Thailand apparently has been trying to prove they are serious about cracking down on the child sex slave industry in the country and rightnow are using Karr as their poster child. I think he looked more shell shocked than anything, not sure what to do. While most in his position are looking to hide themselves with a jacket or his hands, he wasn't exactly afforded that ability as he obviously had no jacket and guards were holding his arms down. I don't think he knew what to say or how he should handle himself. My question is where the hell is his lawyer?

Again I do not believe he kille Jonbenet. I don't think her parents are guilty either. I do believe, however, the killer is someone who is close to the family and likely still is. I would be looking very close at those who have been closely supporting the Ramseys, that didn't amediately flew and point a big finger in their direction like everyone else in Boulder, and for the most part North America. Just my 2 cents

Draft saved Draft deleted