1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Stewart vs. Bill O'Reilly

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bristol Whipped, Feb 4, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I have no problem with you, Spup, you come here and argue under your own name and don't play these silly games like creating newbie posters and stirring shit up, as if there is some sort of an "us" against "them" going on. I respect you and the Doctor and always have.

I just wish others would follow your lead and stop all this nonsense.

I just think, if you want to post here, do so under your regular handle - is that too much too ask?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The best part is that with a crib sheet written on her hand, she said ...

“This is about the people, and it’s bigger than any one king or queen of a tea party, and it’s a lot bigger than any charismatic guy with a teleprompter.”

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

It's only a "nonsensical mantra" if it's nonsense, Zag. :)

4. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Fair enough, Zag. Let me pose this question: Do you really, honestly think me or Doc or Zeke or Grimace (BTW, Fudgie doesn't post at our site) is dumb enough to be so blatantly obvious as ebrown? Consider for a minute the possibility it might be someone from here starting a sock puppet so we get the blame.

5. Tony, Tony, Tony. An "intellectual fraud"? Come on. That's not even close to true. Again, he taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago. I consider myself a successful law student at this point, at a good school, and Constitutional Law (First Amendment right now) is something I have to just brace myself for every night because I know how difficult the reading and concepts and arguments will be.

You are more than justified in disagreeing with his policies. But "intellectual fraud"? That's just not even close enough to true to take seriously, even as an exaggeration. He went to Harvard Law School, then lectured the most difficult topic of law at one of the top five law schools in America, perhaps one of the top five overall universities in the world.

If you want to retain any credibility whatsoever, stick to his policies, not his intellect. Because your opinion on his intellect is just provably, unequivocally, objectively by any possible measure, untrue.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

People, huh? I seem to remember an awful lot of those voting for a guy named Obama in the last election.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well that is true, none of you are that dumb -- or pathetic for that matter, but there does seem to be a legion of people who aim to please you and the Doc so I who knows.

I just wish everyone would kiss and make up and we could get along and move on.

I miss being told to go fuck myself with a rusty butter knife by Zeke and having Grimace zing me with a sarcastic one-liner about libertarianism...(really, I do) ;)

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

She's talking about the Real Americans like her and the teabaggers, desk. :)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Here's a president who read every single word from a TelePrompter, which in this case is located to Rapmaster Ronnie's right (your left):

[​IMG]

Here's another president reading from a conference TelePrompter (display screens located to either side of him):

[​IMG]

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Well, of course. And in their defense, I know they were always very concerned about the opinions of those in the minority during their time in power.

Right?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They both know they're great on each other's shows. I don't watch TDS or the O'Reilly Factor regularly, but I do if one is on the other's show.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I hope you watch whenever Brian Williams goes on TDS, because that is always absolute gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted