1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Stewart vs. Bill O'Reilly

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bristol Whipped, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Caught just a few minutes of Stewart on the O'Reilly Factor last night. I was actually kind of disappointed with Stewart's performance. I've seen him really get down and tussle with folks on his show before, but on the O'Reilly Factor I thought he giggled too much and didn't seem as prepared as usual.

By the by, they're showing Part 2 tonight.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What is the score going into tonight?

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Billo is in danger of being run-ruled...the usual result when he has someone on who doesn't kiss his ass.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

BillO puts the BOR in boring.

5. Fox has posted a lot of the unaired clips:

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/02/06/jon-stewart-bill-oreilly-unedited/

Stewart: "What Fox has done is take reasonable concerns about this president and this economy and turned it into a full-fledged panic attack about the coming of the next Chairman Mao."

Stewart: "Explain to me how Barack Obama is destroying the fabric of America. That's the narrative of your network."
    O'Reilly: "It's not the narrative of the network. It's the narrative of a couple guys: Sean Hannity, a Republican, and Glenn Beck, who is basically 'everyman.'"

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I think better of the American population than
    to even dream of characterizing a guy with Beck's sordid personal history as "everyman".

7. Stewart also went after him for the network's hypocrisy of constant charges of "unpatriotic!" for anyone criticizing a president in wartime under Bush, while unleashing the Spanish armada on Obama day after day after day during wartime.

8. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I forget. Was it BillO or Pill Popper who started the "Obama Teleprompter" meme? Because if it was BillO, I wonder what he'll say about this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You can't satirize that act.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Shockingly enough, she thinks it's fine and dandy when Rush Limbaugh uses the word "retards" ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/07/palin-considering-2012-ru_n_452602.html

On Chief-of-Staff Rahm Emanuel, she said his comments calling liberal groups "f-ing retards" was "indecent and insensitive" and cause for his dismissal.

But the former governor went to great and sometimes awkward lengths to insist that when conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh used the same exact term to describe the same exact group, it was simply in the role of political humorist.

"They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh," she said, when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards." "Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... . I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there."

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I give Fox News credit for not bailing out of the Stewart interview before it ended. I give BOR a hat tip for bringing him on. I sense that BOR feels a bit "neglected" because he's not the poster boy for FNC anymore and he enjoys bringing on Beck or critics of his to make O'Reilly look good.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

From what I saw, I think Stewart and O'Reilly like each other a lot more than either is willing to admit.

Draft saved Draft deleted