1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Stewart eviscerates Gretchen Carlson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/09/jon-stewart-calls-out-gre_n_385158.html

I imagine that she will simply have to close her eyes, try to ignore this dismantling and hope it passes.

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Will anyone in her (and her channel's) demographic care? No way. Palin's been dismantled far worse, yet she's going to sell more books than everyone on this board combined. Exposing these folks is easy and undeniably fun, but it's futile.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this yet, but I still have one DVR'd from the summer where she bitched and bitched about the "indecency" of the MTV awards... then later that week said that a "Lingere Football" feature-- complete with bouncing boobs-- they did on Fox & Friends was "the greatest thing I've ever seen on TV!"

That was maybe my favorite Daily Show ever.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Amazed to learn that Carlson was a valedictorian and Stanford grad, you'd never suspect that from her dippy airhead act. Every blonde should be pissed at her for perpetuating the dumb blonde stereotype when she should be an example of precisely the opposite.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I have to confess that I had to open the link to figure out who Gretchen Carlson was. Does that mean I fail at pop culture? ???

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm sure she's about to be fired ::)

He basically just makes fun of her for always acting like she doesn't understand terms, which is fair. Obviously most of those examples are stupid and proof that she is playing the fool.

But damn, he's ripped up a whole lot of people a whole lot worse than that. I'd imagine she'll just fine.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Carlson was a decent reporter for CBS for years, a real news-type reporter, she was legit. Now she's had to lock her brain in storage when she's around the Fox men to make sure they don't get intimidated. So she's had to Stepfordize herself to make serious bank at Fox, it's probably worth it to her.
    She might be the only working journo today who has to make an effort to appear dimmer than she is - usually it's the other way around.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Great smackdown...

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I googled Gretchen Carlson, and here's what I found ...

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I thought she was a Country singer, and couldn't figure out why Jon Stewart needed to eviscerate her.

I think that's Gretchen Wilson.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Kinda funny how a bunch of people who would never admit to watching Fox News are suddenly experts on her and her Fox News show.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone from Stanford, who went on to study at Oxford, really need to google the meaning of ignoramus or czar?

Draft saved Draft deleted