1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Lester has lymphoma

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Big Dog, correct me if I'm wrong...would Frank Stallone be the idiot brother of the Stallone who is the Charo of our generation?

Thoughts and prayers to Jon Lester and his family.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's sweet.

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

21, as is so often the case, you are correct.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well. This got ugly.

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Wow. I never thought my little, honest-opinion post would cause such invective back and forth. Such hostlity. I'm sorry I posted at all. Maybe I should refrain from giving my humble opinion forever.

And please, please, may I make one request, don't anybody ever ask me again for my opinion on Hall of Fame voting. It only gets others upset when I talk about it so I will no longer be talking about it. Make out that I don't have a vote, thank you very much.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

As predictable as a sunrise, this MO.

Sniffsniff.... people were mean to me. Now I will say that I won't talk about the Hall of Fame anymore... and then many people will say "please don't say that, casty. We LUVVVVVVVVVVVV you!"

7. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Waaah.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That minimalist gem is open to interp.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Columbo, I'm fairly sure casty was being sarcastic.

My prayers to the families of those who have cancer but aren't fortunate enough to be celebrities.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

a. I'm not thinking so

b. of course

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Casty isn't much for sarcasm, though he can be witty. And the people going apeshit on Casty only show themselves to be snotty bags of douche. While there are probably hundreds of people who post here every day, most anyone with a shred of intelligence, or anyone who has been around here for a while, knows that Casty is among the best posters here. He knows his stuff and I don't think he could be an asshole if he tried. Too bad some people get their jollies off of ripping on him. Says more about them than anything else though.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Boy, I'm glad that's all been straightened out for us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.