1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Lester has lymphoma

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

You needlessly handled yourself like an asshole in your post to Casty.

I called you on it.

End of story.

If you want to fixate on it, if you want to pretend like you're a badass, knock yourself out. I made my point, and the only thing you've had to add is to tell me to fuck myself. Brilliant stuff. Just brilliant. We got it. You want me to go fuck myself. Well, excuse me if I don't use you as my personal beacon.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Here, for instance, is your post from the original thread.

"God, I hate how many of these are making me laugh.

They're so bad, they're good.

Thanks."

So, evidently, heart disease is acceptable fodder for jokes, but cancer is not. Thus Decreeth Montezuma.

Or how about this gem from a day or two back, regarding a seventh-grade girl:

"Four out of five gynecologists surveyed said they'd hit Mandi.

So vote for her."

Evidently, pedophilia is also an acceptable topic for humor. Maybe you could just publish a list, so the rest of us can know from now on?

Casty's a big boy, who can respond on his own if he thinks I treated him like an asshole, which I didn't.

And you made no point. To wit: "You call Casty sanctimonious. And I say you're being a dickhead, rubbing people's noses in the fact that you can joke about it. Whoopee. You live in America. You have the right to joke about whatever suits your fancy. So give yourself a fucking medal."

I say you're being a dickhead is not a point. It's name calling. As far as living in America, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I do. Guilty.

And I haven't heard anyone say "give yourself a medal" since seventh grade. Thanks for the flashback. It still isn't a point.

So take your Garth Brooks quote and fuck off.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Get over yourself, Zeke.

I'm sure over you. Have a nice day. :-*

EDIT, because I'm done with you and I have no desire to drag down this thread any longer:

You're clueless, trying to play the hypocrite card.

I didn't appoint myself the board police as to what people can joke about. I said in my original post you can joke about whatever you want -- it's your right. All I said is you handled yourself like a dickhead in your post to Casty.

Try working on the reading comprehension, genius.

And if you don't think pointing out that you acted like a dickhead is "a point,'' well, tough shit.

It's the point I wanted to make.

So again, get over yourself.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, we sure can. You!

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, I have no doubt that you think calling someone a dickhead is making a point. Neither is "get over yourself," or "Give yourself a medal."

It just isn't.

They are, however, things young children say to each other. Along with Go fuck yourself. Which is why, as I said, that was the only response you deserved.

Look, you thought you could get in some cheap piling on points. You didn't. And you don't have much of a leg to stand on, since you've posted the same kinds of things.

And since when does Casty need someone to defend his honor? I said that I normally respect his opinion, and I thought he's way off base here. He'll respond if he wants to. No one asked for your opinion.

Keep backpedaling. You'll hit a wall here soon.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You seem to have gotten a touch htt recently... or has it always been this way?

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You ever read about how he "earned" his hall of fame vote?

That's WAY up there.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

As opposed to what? Buying it? Stealing it? Is there some sort of signup sheet the rest of us don't know about?

I love how the members of SJ cry about defending the journalistic process of free speech, but can't even have an opinionated debate on freakin message board without ridiculous personal attacks.

Someone was offended. Someone wasn't. Jon Lester still has cancer, and espn's reporting is still overly sensational.

You must have something else to worry about today.

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

21, this is why we have a NIAFL.

10. Yes, because there's certainly no idiots in that league. *cough* Boom *cough*

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Boom is no idiot. He's seen 21's hoo-has.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That is not idiotic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.