1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Lester has lymphoma

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy shit.

Jon Lester has been diagnosed with a treatable form of anaplastic large cell lymphoma and will begin treatment within the coming week.

Jon and his family wish to thank all those involved in his care at Massachusetts General Hospital . Our gratitude also extends to the Red Sox organization which has provided Jon and his family much needed support during this ordeal.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I think I would rather this than a soft-tissue sarcoma or bone cancer, but, yeah... fuck.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I see your point, but cancer's cancer. Hopefully he's OK.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"Another Red Sox says, 'Big Papi, I'll see your heart palpitations and raise you a lymphoma'. Find out who else is hurting in Boston, right after these commercials, on ESPNnews!"

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Next on ESPN News, why Jon Lester has gone from thinking of no-no's to cancerous nodes...

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Coming up next on First-and-10, Skip Bayless tells us why you should be rooting for the cancer.

7. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Jesus, this can be a pretty cold place sometimes :mad:. I know, I know, you're kidding, but the kid has cancer for crissake. I don't see the humour in it

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I was going to agree.....until I read this lede on mlb.com tonight, about Papelbon:

"BOSTON -- The last thing the Red Sox needed was their most reliable pitcher leaving a game holding his throwing shoulder in pain."

The last thing they need? Phew, at least Lester only has cancer!

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

huntsie --

We're mocking ESPN for not taking David Ortiz' heart condition seriously.

If you find the other thread BYH started titled "ESPN News: Who writes this shit" I think you'll understand.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

ESPN reports it has found a cure for Jon Lester's lymphoma.

All kidding aside, this puts baseball in a whole different perspective. Forget coming in and pitching for the win or loss, this is a 22-year old we're talking about here.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I admit, I feel guilty about the ESPN/Ortiz cracks on the other thread...not that a rapid heartbeat is a laughing matter, but it seems (knocking on all sorts of wood) that he's OK. Lester has cancer. Nothing to joke about there.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I wish you would leave Aortiz alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.