1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Benet farce

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

This pervert was let go today. Did he not confess to this crime? Since there's no DNA evidence, shouldn't he also face a charge for that?

Better still, how did the wuss make it through any night in any prison?

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

karr was likely kept in a cell by himself.

3. busuncle

busuncle Member

And he wasn't let go. He's being shipped to California to face the charges there.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Karr is probably the most diappointed person out there. He really, really, really wanted to be in the spotlight.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I listened to a radio program about this whole thing and laughed over almost all of it.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He admitted to it, yes, after the Thai police arrested him with the knowledge that he would be brought back to America to possibly face charges in the case. He might have been nothing more than a smartass about it, knowing his innocence. He might have simply sought publicity and a free flight home, knowing he was about to be kicked out of the country. There are many reasons he might have admitted to the crime he might not have committed.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He'll spend the forseeable future in a mental institution... As long as he's off the streets I'm happy...

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Authorities were quite clear about the fact that they were keeping Karr separate from others for his own safety.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I love the fact that his lawyer was all upset that there was "no forensic evidence" and "no independent factors" that Karr committed the crime. The guy confessed giving details that were, at best, semi-public. That's not enough?

I'm guessing that he'll be on The Surreal Life in two years.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

He's now the Kato Kaelin of the 2000's

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Different chargers different case.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

You know what since I started following this case on the Headline news I knew this would happen cause they had no evidence against the man and they can't place at the crime scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted