1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joining in on postgame prayers?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Batman, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Amen. :D

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if you would have said a fucking prayer, this never would have happened.

3. what an asshole thing to write

ok, so the 1.2 billion who believe in Islam, the 900 million Hindus, the 380 million Buddhists, etc. -- they all know now that they're praying to a false God, thanks to somebody named Handsome Harley on a sports journalism message board, who has cleared things up

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

It's been OK sense the beginning of time. The constitution doesn't say you can't pray on public property (I'm pretty sure that would violate the Bill of Rights). It just says the school can't lead the prayer.

I have no problem with these things, so long as they are voluntary.

But, as a reporter, stay the hell away. You need to be invisible in these situations.

5. lono

lono Active Member

Staying the hell away is good. So is knowing how to spell.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that makes sense.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

here's one I know how to spell:

C-I-V-I-L-I-T-Y

You should look into it.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Like a guy who says he is cool, you cannot trust a man who names himself Handsome.

This thread reminds me, though, of the idea that you have to take out the 20 percent on either side of the discussion, because they've long ago lost any sense of rationality.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Can't anyone keep on point? I thought the post was a question about joining in on a team prayer, not the legal, ethical, emotional, spiritual, financial, or religious ramifications of school prayer.

Hijacking the thread and replying to said posts are just bad form. And keep the language clean. No need for someone to have a stroke.

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Yes, because threads on here never morph into sub-discussions, and profanity is never used.

It's a fact of life on here. Doesn't mean you still can't speak to the original point.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

come on kaylee, the god damned boss has spoken.

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

And you'd probably be the first person to throw a fit if you felt disrespected by somebody else.

Draft saved Draft deleted