1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John McCain Names 6 GOP Veepstakes Finalists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

Reboot

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

McCain can't be serious about picking the Gov of Alaska as his running mate. That' balancing the ticket? And how many electoral votes do Alaska and Arizona have between them: about 8?

3. nibs price

nibs price Member

The Alaska governor would be a solid balancing pick to appease the GOP base.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From 1996 until 2004, Powell was the monster the Dems didn't want to face.

Colin Powell is 71 years old. The Dems would be delirious with joy to face a McCain-Powell ticket. If elected, and then re-elected, the pair would be 80/79 years old the last year of their term.

Talk about walking right into an ambush. Experience is fine but I'd rather not turn the executive branch into a geriatric care facility. (Although compared to McCain's rambling, Powell does look fairly sharp for his age. And Powell actually did accomplish something in his military career besides getting shot down.)

Fiorina, the Singleton/Jelenic-style slash-and-burn corporate princess/stooge who ran Hewlett-Packard right smack into the ground, would be another dream pick for the Democrats. The GOP probably couldn't pick a better candidate to exemplify their shameless pandering to big business. I mean, shit, if they're going to pick corporate stooges, you'd think they'd pick someone who was actually successful, not someone who took a profitable company and nose-dived it into the toilet.

5. nibs price

nibs price Member

And can you imagine Powell wanting to clean up regularly after his boss, when he could just go on enjoying his retirement without a sullied rep?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

You arrogant, piece of shit, non-contributor.
    Disappear.

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

The Alaska and Minn. govs are the only two legit picks.

Adds: Powell holding vial at UN
    Joementum: failed in 2000 and another huge Iraq war booster
    Romney: explain why universal health care is bad again and why your plan has failed so miserably in Mass.
    Tom Ridge: BUAHHHAAAAAHHAAAHHAAA

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, but I don't want his dumb ass showing up on real threads.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

As popular as she is in some circles, I don't think he would have anyway.
    I still expect Romney to be on the ticket.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Powell hasn't even said who he's endorsing yet.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Jindal took his name out of consideration this week. Smart move on his part.

Draft saved Draft deleted