1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John From Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Aug 5, 2007.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

can anyone else who watched tonight explain to me what the fuck that was all about?

i've been watching from the start, and i've been right with it until tonight. but for the life of me, i have no clue what the hell i just watched.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

welcome to the club, my only hope is that the season (series?) finale clears some things up

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought John was in the South somewhere

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

What's the deal with the stick figures?

In the first episode, John made the stick figure in the dirt with his foot every time he talked to Shaun. Now Shaun is missing, and the stick figures are all over the place.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Seen a few random posts on other boards hinting that HBO is on the verge of pulling the plug, possibly this week.

Maybe the stick figures are a parting "fuck you" to the critics.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

They're going to pull the plug before the season finale??

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any shows left in the can will run, of course.

They announced the cancellation of "Deadwood" before the season finale, so there certainly is a precedent.

8. Dedo

Dedo Member

What I hope is that Milch realized there was no way it was going to get picked up again, and made sure to wrap everything up in the season finale. It would be horrible if he made it a cliffhanger, leading to a second season that has no hope of coming to pass. Then again, all of the Deadwood seasons were pretty self-contained, so I'm thinking this one will be, too.

I can't say I know where this is headed, and it's not even close to the Deadwood/The Wire/Sopranos realm, but I've enjoyed every minute of it. Except, that is, for the scenes with Rebecca DeMornay and her ridiculous overacting. I swear, she makes Trixie from the Gem look like she was on Prozac. No one can be that hostile all the time, can they?

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Biggest problem with the show - cannot buy DeMornay as the grandmother of a 13-year-old. An infant, maybe.
    I read someplace awhile back that the season was shortened from its original 12 episodes to 10 because Milch and HBO were anxious to get the Deadwood movies rolling. Doesn't look as if that'll happen now (runs to toilet to barf after hearing McShane plays Andy Samberg's stepdad in "Hot Rod").

Draft saved Draft deleted