1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John from Cincinnati 6/24 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 25, 2007.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I had to work Sunday, and I'm heading out of town tonight, so I won't get to catch the reruns? What happened in the last epsiode? I'm assuming whats-his-face came back from his coma/death?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Yeah. Now there's a media frenzy over the kid, and he just wants to go skateboard in his backyard. He's fine.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I still pine for Deadwood.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

You aren't the only one.
    But good Lord, I couldn't even watch that show with my wife.
    How many c-bombs can you drop before it's just using the word to prove you can?

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It isn't great yet, but it's been compelling enough to stick with.

I knew Deadwood was great from the very first episode.

The subject matter for "John" is too esoteric to be a big hit; therefore, it likely won't last more than one season.

6. Sat through tonight's episode studying the dirt in my fingernails. That's four now, right? And this show has not gotten any better. Trite and predictable so far. And Al Bundy talking to a bird.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of Greenwood's character but everything else I like.
    I don't know what the hell is going, but I enjoy that. Sometimes you got sit back and enjoy the ride. So far it has been some trippy, weird ass shit and like nothing else on TV.
    Maybe it doesn't measure up to other shows HBO has done, but for now, I want to keep watching.
    Tonight's had several laugh out loud moments.
    "Unsightly bulge"

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I was more confused by tonight's episode. Kind of a step back from the previous two.

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I think tonight's episode was the best yet. Whoever or whatever John is, he's pulled disparate and desperate people into his orbit, and their lives are intersecting in fascinating and mystical ways.

I have no clue where the show is going, but it's interesting. I like it more and more each week.

10. It kind of died for me tonight. But I did agree with you about the disparate people. The drug dealer's concern with the family is a neat angle and it's neat to see all these people interacting. But the 90210 guy-blonde chick-"grandpa" angle is already tired.

11. digger

digger New Member

It's weird, but I like it. (and even more Deadwood alum tonight!).

I also have no idea what's going on, but I want to find out. It really doesn't have anything to do with surfing, except that surfing provides "the establishment'' to fight against.

It kind of reminds me of "The Riches'' - clearly about a world I know nothing about, but the people are worth watching.

The Riches and John from Cincinnati would be two good shows for the star ledger guy to write about. I always enjoy shows more after reading his analysis.

Draft saved Draft deleted