1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Farrell: Fenway's latest sacrificial lamb

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Morales will probably cost the Angels $5-6 million in arbitration. He's obviously not taking Albert Pujols spot at 1st and he's blocking Mark Trumbo at DH.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

When it was coming to the limited deals you could make for A-Rod, I thought one possibility was combining Morales and Wells and having the Angels exercise Haren's option and then include him in the deal for around 63.5 million in salary

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

How is Victor Martinez a salary dump for the Tigers?

He'll play his last year of the contract next year as a DH, allowing the Tigers to let Delmon Young's $6 million leave via free agency.

4. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli

Not that Mike Aviles is a star, but the Red Sox gave up more to get John Farrell than they got for Theo Epstein. They’re doing it wrong.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

90 percent of this board was saying lee was a better pitcher than koufax just a few short years ago.
    how many times did the dodgers dump koufax's salary?

6. Normally I'd agree with that but Delmon Young has been fantastic in the post season. If the Tigers win the WS and Young is in consideration for MVP - it will be tough to pick him over Martinez - especially with money not being a hurdle for ownership.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Maybe the Yankees can get Andrus for Arod? What about the young, dynamic, inexpensive SS to the Mets for Bay? If that's not enough, maybe they can find Ollie Perez & Luis Castillo to throw in. If the Cubs get him for Soriano, maybe they can trade Castro to Boston for Lackey - they do need starting pitching.

8. You are mocking me. Does this stem from when I thought Randy Wolf would win a Cy Young?

Lackey very easily could be a 16-game winner with a better than league average ERA next season. Plus he eats innings as well as he eats fried chicken.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

No, your memory is better than mine. That would have been a good reason too, thanks.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Lee, Lackey and Lester would amount to three L's each turn through the rotation.

Draft saved Draft deleted