1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards indicted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Wow. I mean, wow.

I loathe John Edwards, and always did.

Now answer me a question. You vote for McCain/Palin?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Edwards may be a family-destroying hypocrite on his best day, but at least he didn't push a values-driven political agenda! Let's have a little perspective here, people.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I always wondered if 2004 would have been a little bit different if Edwards had been at the top of the ticket rather than behind Kerry. I think a lot of times the primaries don't pick the candidate that would fare the best in the general election and I definitely think that was the case that year.

4. spurtswriter

spurtswriter Member

Got to admit. The guy had me fooled back then.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Four years of Bush-Cheney was all the sober reflection many needed to desperately seek an alternative in 2004.

I mean, Dick fucking Cheney was a heartbeat away, and millions voted for Sarah Palin to be a heartbeat away.

Makes Edwards look like a harmless puppy in comparison.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Was that meant to be funny? If it was, my apologies. Or is it meant to be a serious point?

What he pushed was populism. "Two Americas." Them (not anyone in the crowd watching him) who were screwing US.

But the guy delivering the message was using every bit of influence he could in every corrupt way he could imagine. If you liked up the them you would have seen a picture of him.

That is hypocrisy. If you are going to act like a populist, you had better become a hermit and especially not get caught acting like you are above everyone else.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This story would be a hell of a lot more interesting if he was a sitting VP right now.

8. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

9. printdust

printdust New Member

And I will agree. He was one Democrat I like. But if you can't run your house with integrity, which centers on your personal life, how can you seriously run the country with integrity?

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yeah, because that was the choice I was given. My wife, God bless her, wrote in Hillary.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And will be the case for the GOP in 2012. Romney is electible, and maybe Pawlenty if he can get any momentum, but they can't win the GOP nomination. Palin or another Tea Party favorite can win the nomination but not the general election.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Because the republican alternative to Edwards as VP was such a quality individual.

Draft saved Draft deleted