1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards indicted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 3, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

SportsJournalists.com really knows how to pick winners.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/03/edwards.case/index.html

[​IMG]

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That guy has GREAT hair.

3. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/84011/

4. poindexter

Truly great hair.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Better coverage over at the N&O

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/06/03/1245277/prosecutors-seek-indictment-of.html

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

What's a haircut like that run?

7. poindexter

The purpose of the conspiracy was to protect Edwards' self-proclaimed public image as a family man by keeping secret his extramarital affair with Hunter, the indictment said.

it certainly worked on SportsJournalists.com

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

$400

9. printdust

printdust New Member

Too bad his other baby Momma can't be in the photo.

Karma's a bitch, johnnyboy.

Of course with 5 years potential jail time, you'll serve maybe an hour.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Half the country, including many of you, wanted this socksucker to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. I think that would now be cause for some sober reflection.

Nah, I didn't think so.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There was a thread after Esquire did an Edwards piece (that was way off -- I think it was Charles Pierce and he made it into a "fag baiting" thing, not "Edwards is a hypocrite"). I called Edwards a BS populist, who was taking money from every lobbyist there is, while delivering a scripted "neighbor versus neighbor" message to try to rile up people to vote for him. But was a hypocrite when it came to living to his ideals -- particularly when he was the lead Wal-Mart basher, and then had an aide call Wal-Mart to try to get his kid a PS3 when they first came out and were hard to get your hands on.

I got jumped on that thread, if I remember correctly. I don't know if he deserves indictment, but I will stand behind what was always my feeling of the guy: He is full of shit and he is corrupt.

12. poindexter

But was a hypocrite when it came to living to his ideals -- particularly when he was the lead Wal-Mart basher, and then had an aide call Wal-Mart to try to get his kid a PS3 when they first came out and were hard to get your hands on.

I got jumped on that thread, if I remember correctly. I don't know if he deserves indictment, but I will stand behind what was always my feeling of the guy: He is full of shit and he is corrupt.

Boom, can you find that thread for us? That one was a hoot.

Draft saved Draft deleted