1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards hates Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Nice to see hondo running on those old familiar rails.
    Jack Kennedy was a trust-fund baby. So was RFK.
    And so was this guy.
    http://www.blogd.com/bushrecord.html

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In defense of Pon, the vast majority of stories he posts in that category are from AP, obscure news agency that it is.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Now see, this is the kind of hypocrisy I've learned to expect from you guys. In past posts about, let's say Mark Foley, I would bring up Gerry Studds and Barney Frank. And Fenian or Jr or Ace would come back with, "nice try...we were talking about Foley."

So to Fenian, I say: "nice try...we were talking about John Edwards and his spoiled-ass kid."

4. Jeez - its like you need a decoder ring for understanding the points you are trying to make (and you even edited it for cripes sake).

Go back and look at the tub thumping that Edwards was quoted as saying in Boom's post and then get back to me with whatever chickenhawk slur of the day you would like to make.

And just to explain the joke to you once again - even if Edwards' volunteer acted on his own - Edwards' message is so muddled that even his own staff still shops at Wal-Mart even though being anti-Wal-Mart is somehow central to his plank as being the guy who stands up for the regular guy.

Edwards' stances are are muddled as your posts.

5. This has now become parody.
    Every single person in John Edwards's employ must now stay at least 100 yards from a Wal-Mart or else John Edwards is a hypocrite.
    Let's also return to that thrilling moment a few posts back in which Edwards was shown to be a hypocrite because he tells the story about how he and his wife went to Wendy's on a date, and Wendy's is worse to their employees than Wal-Mart is, so John Edwards is a big fat hypocrite because he talks about where he and his wife went courting.
    Muddled is an interesting word. So is "projection."
    So, for that matter, are "fucking hopeless."

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Well, gee, isn't that different than telling that "foof" to go live in Omaha because he was a fraud. If only I could remember which poster said that....

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, since John Edwards rips Wal-Mart and his son makes fun of other kids with Wal-Mart shoes, it's apparent he and his family don't need to shop there, so staying away from Wal-Mart shouldn't be much of a problem. However, I wonder what percentage of the people who have voted for John Edwards in his senate races shop at Wal-Mart, and I wonder if they take offense at this?

8. Yikes - let me explain once again because I guess your big brain can't handle this.

John Edwards gives speeches about the evils of Wal-Mart while his volunteers think it is a good idea to shop at Wal-Mart FOR Edwards. Now either his staff doesn't listen to his speeches or they don't think he's sincere. Hence the humor of the situation.

Now as far as the Wendy's thing is concerned - Edwards proved himself to be a hypocrite there because on the campaign trail in 2004 he had the Kerry / Edwards campaign bus stop at Wendy's for a photo opportunity so they could spin the "anniversary tale" but meanwhile Kerry / Edwards had a five star restaurant cater dinners on the bus for their real meal.

Muddled may be an interesting word and so too maybe projection can be considered an interesting word as well but I'm pretty sure that "fucking hopeless" is actually two words (maybe this lack of skill with math explains why you thought the under was such a fabulous proposition today at the Ohio State game).

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

By the way, in our town, kids make fun of other kids for wearing Pay-Less shoes. They call the shoes they buy there, "bo-bos," and you're going to get an earful if you show up at school wearing bo-bos.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Do they make fun of the kids who wear "Starbury's?

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

12. Chris and "humor."
    Goats and ice-skating.
    Frogs and opera.
    Discuss.

Draft saved Draft deleted