1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

john clayton -- pet peeve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 12, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

first off, i'm a fan of espn's nfl guy. he's been a pal and his info is first-rate.

but if i hear him mispronounce "negotiate" one more time, I'LL FREAKIN' SCREAM!!!

can't anyone in bristol tell him the word is "nuh-go-SHE-ate," not, "nuh-go-SEE-ate?" drives me NUTS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

okay. i'm much better now.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Note to Shockey: Never listen to the BBC.

3. Believe me, he has been told ...

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i never plan to listen to the bbc. and last time i checked, WE'RE IN AMERICA!!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

ESPN's Sean Salisbury is reporting that John Clayton is a pencil-neck geek.

6. Could he do something with that hair. I mean, what is that? Just shave the damn thing already...

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Have you ever seen that weird patch of hair on his left side (your right) when it gets messed up? It's like seven feet long and full of hilarity.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Great call UT. Beat me to it. I'm a horrible, horrible reporter. Always a god damned second late.

9. sportsed

sportsed Guest

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again right now. My only pet peeve/beef with John Clayton isn't entirely his fault: I fucking hate that every time one of the hosts talks to him they ALWAYS say he's "The Professor."

Christ, just introduce him as John Clayton and be done with it.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, i understand wally cox has a face/look best-suited for radio, but he's on espn for the info. at least he could pronounce the words correctly. 8) 8) 8)

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Clayton must not like people with more intelligence than him, that is way he does not like Salisbury.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Salisbury wasn't that good as an NFL QB. Did Salisbury ever play for a team that got to a Super Bowl? If not, he and Clayton have something in common.

Draft saved Draft deleted