1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Amechi speaks.... again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, May 5, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

FB, The Log Cabinites were always looked at as the "black sheep" that the mainstream GOP acknowledges, but would rather keep their distance because it contradicts what the GOP "religious" agenda is with respects to the GLBT community. That's nothing new. It shouldn't be nothing new. Having the Log Cabin is like having a bunch of sinners over for a Sunday School pic-a-nic.

The more I read what he says, I think he's one of the smartest damn current or ex-NBA player or jocks right now. Secondly, he's right about both parties, and calling out the Dems for not piping up after Pace's comments. The GOP was easy to dissect.

Yeah, he's John Amechi, and the prevalent thought from most of us is "big fucking deal. He was a nobody anyway." I'll be in the minority. He needs to speak more in public.

SSM, you know damn well that not one current player is going to come out in public ever. Don't even wish or dream of that in our lifetime. You would be more impressed if boots can go celibate for 2 years.

Damn you, slappy. You beat me. You bastard. ;D

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Don't feel bad -- it's a pretty funny line.

Sincerely,
    A straight Democrat

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

There are six major sports? I know there are the four major sports leagues, but the other two are ... soccer? ... boxing? ... curling?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Soccer and golf?

Tennis and golf?

Soccer and tennis?

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

John Amaechi speaks again? All I have to say is

[​IMG]

6. Golf and NASCAR ar emy guess.
    Of course, the NHL, well...

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Tim Hardaway, for starters.

And this time I will trot out the old "if no one cared, why did you respond?" line, since it's true. If no one cared so much about a queer ex-NBA player, why so much obnoxiousness when the topic is raised?

I think he needs to talk more, if only to expose the culture of homophobia that exists across the sporting spectrum.

Draft saved Draft deleted