1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JoePa, you make piss, at least comparatively

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clever username, Nov 29, 2007.

1. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

You work 40 years in a high-level job -- in any industry -- and rise to the top like Paterno did, you might wonder why anyone would question the salary your boss, college, state gives you.

Paterno ain't making Weis or Tressel money, and I doubt he's ever demanded that. He's one of the great ones, and I wonder why people wanna rip him now. He was great back before most of us were born, and he's still pretty damn good.

8-4 ain't bad. That new Louisville coach would love to go 8-4 in his league, and plenty of others like him. Weis, Randy Shannon, Saban, etc.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I must have missed the memo about Paterno rip-jobs. His apologists must have had it buried.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I was there -- they only paid my $50 to film it, can you belive that? I should strike -- and let me tell you, it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. RK really phoned most of it in, especially the peeing scene.
    I kept telling him, "RK, this is what's going to make you famous," but he just kept asking me "What's my motivation?"
    If you're sitting there about to pee on some jailbailt and you've got to ask what your motivation is, man, you're just not feeling it. I knew right then and there the movie wasn't going to be all it could be.

Draft saved Draft deleted