1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JoePa being shown the door at PSU?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

True. But Ryan Sonner would've run roughshod through the Big 11.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Uh-uh. They're more than that at the schools involved. Don't try to equate it with a normal situation.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

At what point does an older coach become a liability to a team's success? If it happens, does he share responsibilities with the younger coaches?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Joe became a liability some time ago. About three years ago, it reached the embarrassing stage, and he was somehow talked into giving up some game-day responsibilities.

Penn State is no longer considered one of the elite. That speaks volumes in itself.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think JoePa uses the "you can call me Joe" like Michigan uses the "1" jersey, only if you're worth it.
    But I do think he's "earned the right" what's the second thing you think of when you say "Penn State" after JoePa and the blue and white unis?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

John Amechi?

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Penn State
    1. Living in the Past

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Why, shucks, Claws, ah'm jus' glad we learnt us 'bout them shoe things last year.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I think they're saying Pryor is the final straw.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And I'm saying if it was, that's really stupid.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100 percent, but some peope think Penn State should get every top prospect in PA even if some players don't meet needs or PSU has limited scholarships like it did this year.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

JoePa kicks himself upstairs. And no, I don't mean the Pearly Gates.

Draft saved Draft deleted