1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Torre's final day(s)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 7, 2007.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Luggy, when I mention Hawaii, I don't mean move there and live there. He owns a place there and vacations there every year in December and January, which is why he hasn't attended the NY baseball writers dinner the last couple of years. I only meant go there with his wife and daughter and relax for awhile before deciding what he wants to do.

Valentine has been mentioned by a few columnists in the NY area but he's a long shot. Most feel LaRussa is at the top of the list, but I happen to think that would be a disaster. The Genius wouldn't be able to handle all the extras involved in New York.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Okay, I may be in the minority about this but I think Torre getting out from under Steinbrenner's clutches may be a good thing for him.

Why would you want to work for Steinbrenner? Yeah, he might have money, but really, Torre would be better off to get away from Steinbrenner.

And about all the stars on the team, the fact is they did not gel well together whether their personal egos were too big. Look at the year the hockey team Rangers had star studded power like Bure, Holik, Kasparitis and they didn't get far. You can't blame Torre for a situation like that with the Yanks. Jeter is reportedly at odds with A-Rod.

Draft saved Draft deleted