1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Schad

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by apseloser, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Fuck Whitlock. Do some reporting for the Kansas City Star.

2. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Seriously guys, let's give Schad a break. He functions in a high-risk, high-reward environment. He got it wrong. It's happened to the best of us. In fact if it hasn't happened then I would venture to guess you've never broken shit in this business.

We all have to admit dude is usually pretty good at what he does and once he breaks his next big story we will forget all about this whiff. I just hope like hell it ain't on my beat ... LOL!

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fishwrapper probably meant 'shad'.

I'll be here all week, yada yada.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

ESPN's blogger for the Big 12 is the worst they have by a mile. I follow the Big 12 pretty religiously and I've never seen him break any news or offer anything. Then you read Ted Miller and some of the others and they do a really good job. Ubben never offered anything during the Big 12 expansion talks that wasn't common knowledge to anyone following it.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to say that. I honestly don't really know much about the guy, but what I've read from him in the last couple of weeks hasn't impressed me.

Chris Low, the SEC guy, is the only one of those ESPN bloggers I read regularly, but I also know Miller's reputation from his time covering Auburn for the Mobile Press-Register years ago. When I saw in Ubben's bio that he covered the Big 12 for "two seasons" before being handed a national platform, that was pretty much all I needed to know ...

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm just astonished that no one here has ever had a story that was right when it was reported, but as the day went on the facts changed and your story went from right to wrong.

To me, that's what all the conference expansion stories were. The story was so fluid by the time you finished, it had already changed.

What's more interesting to me is what is up with the Pac-10?
    They had Colorado and now Utah, were the Utes not on the first list? Or where they there and only four other Big 12 schools were coming along for the ride.
    OU and Texas have two of those slots, but four more schools don't fit into the two remaining.
    Just interesting.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Utah might have been on the original list if Texas Tech wasn't being forced on the Pac-10 by Texas.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I enjoy reading Rittenberg's column. He manages to create a nice mix of info for all 11 teams in the Big Ten.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Wow, talk about going back to the way-back machine. A thread that has been dead for six years gets revived?!?

Carry on.

studthug12 likes this.
  11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted