1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Morgan criticism

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cut him some slack... it took Fens twice as many posts to master photos.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Mushnick, today . . . I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

This is what I get for watching pro sports on mute . . .I miss gems like this:

"Joe Morgan remains relentless in providing expertly stated nonsense. Last night, during Mets-Cubs on ESPN, Luis Castillo stuck with a windblown popup, making a nice catch. But Morgan explained the play as the result of Castillo being unfamiliar with the winds in Wrigley Field because, “Castillo has played his entire career in the American League.”

But Castillo played 10 years in the NL, all with the Marlins. In fact, it was Castillo who hit the infamous fly that spectator Steve Bartman caught - before Moises Alou could - in the 2003 NLCS at Wrigley. Last season, with the Twins, was his first in the AL.

In the top of the fifth, Morgan’s partner, Jon Miller, noted that Castillo has played before in Wrigley. Morgan said nothing."

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe lil Joe was too busy.. umm, doing something else to listen.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If this isn't proof that Joe Morgan spends 90 percent of the telecast just talking out of his fucking ass, I don't know what is.

I'm beginning to think that Joe Morgan is a bigger embarassment to ESPN than Michael Irvin was.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's brutal. When Joe broadcasts a game, is there anything on the table in front of him? Notes, a media guide, past performances of players, anything?

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You know what I've learned?

I've learned any thread with stoob or zeke in it is going to be pretty good. If I need a laugh, I come to SportsJournalists.com to find a thread in which stoob or zeke have posted, sit back and let the laughs roll. It's almost like a who's-on-first bit, except stoob doesn't realize what's going on.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We appreciate your good words, and have happy anal exploration day.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just this, in case he gets hungry, or someone wants to learn more about the Reds:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pretty presumptious that Zeke does... ;D

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Another Joe chat.

He can't really be this dumb, can he?

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/2007/08/joechat.html

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Apparently, MLB is going to test Barry Bonds' DNA. They are taking a sample from Joe Morgan's chin.

Draft saved Draft deleted