1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Klein of Time mag on the MEts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by gingerbread, Oct 5, 2007.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I suppose it will drop fast.
    Just hoping spnited and casty see this.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1668154,00.html

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I guess the only thing not surprising here is learning that Joe Klein is a Met fan.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good luck with life, Joe.

4. I made it through only two thick grafs of that masturbatory crap before I gave up.

I've found that self-indulgent columns written by non-sports writers about their romantic love affairs with their favorite but futile sports teams generally suck the big bone (see Will, George). They're like someone telling you about their great fantasy team. No one else gives a shit.

5. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

god, that was brutal

typical pile of timeworn stories and cliches

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What is with all these political columnists waxing on and on and on about baseball? David Broder went on about the Cubs yesterday. Richard Cohen teared up about the Mets on Monday or Tuesday. I like Klein's work, and yes, presidential politics can be repetitive now, but still, more baseball from these political guys?

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I guess Primary Colors are orange and blue.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thank you, gingerbread.

Klein is a well-established longtime Mets fan who wrote similar "essays" in his days at New York Magazine... tongue firmly planted in cheek.

The only difference between him and me is he was jilted by the Giants leaving NY and for me it was the Dodgers .. and he's a few years older than me.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You'd think a Mets fan would prefer to call themselves Anonymous today.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Only difference between Mets fans, Cubs fans and Phillies fans today is the Mets gagged in the regular season while the Cubs and Phils waited for the playoffs to embarrass themselves.
    Mets fans are over it already. Cubs and Phils fans will still be whining in December.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You beat me to it.

But for these guys, guess it beats writing a real column. Nice work, if you can get it.
    No envy -- cash those checks!

But try not to blush . . .

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And in five years, or 10, no one will remember the Phillies and Cubs lost in the playoffs. People will be talking about the Mets' massive choke job until the end of time/baseball.

Draft saved Draft deleted