1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jody Conradt has coached her last game at Texas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Mar 12, 2007.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Re: Jody Conradt just resigned at Texas

Yes, it was Vertuno's piece.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He should know better since he's been there a while.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The Austin story I saw:

Conradt resigns

By Suzanne Halliburton | Monday, March 12, 2007, 07:45 PM

Legendary Texas women’s basketball coach Jody Conradt resigned Monday night, just minutes after being left out of the NCAA women’s tournament for the second consecutive year.

Conradt, a member of basketball’s hall of fame, leaves Texas after 38 years. Just Tuesday, she registered her 900th career victory, joining Pat Summitt as the only coaches in the 900-win club. She leaves with a career coaching record of 900-307.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

As usual, Boeheim went with a short bench ... Billy Edelin, Josh Pace and Jeremy McNeil probably got the most minutes (with Hakim Warrick, Craig Forth, Gerry McNamara and Kueth Duany the other starters).

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Meanwhile, the Austin website does not have a staff story, it has a link to the AP story under its "from the sports wire" secton.

What is that? Conradt has a presser with her entire team and the Statesman has a wire story on the website?

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

You can watch the video at texassports.com

7. Johnny Dangerously

I thought there was a story on the paper's site. I get e-mail alerts from them when UT news breaks. The link I clicked on took me to that story I posted. I didn't realize it was not on the paper's Web site.

8. Johnny Dangerously

It appeared on a blog on the paper's Web site, but I can't post the link. I am online through Mr. Sneakie, and I can't post links.

Draft saved Draft deleted