1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jockey Albarado charged with assaulting wife

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Apr 2, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This is heartbreaking for me, as my love for Albarado is longstanding. Now, it's done.

Best wishes to his wife, Kimber, who had strangulation marks around her neck.

http://www.drf.com/news/albarado-released-jail-be-arraigned-tuesday

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I'm with you on this one 100 percent. I wrote a big feature on Robby many moons ago, and he's just impossible not to like. Until now. It's one of these cases where the crime just is wildly opposite to what your previous perception of a person was, but red marks on a woman's neck are impossible to ignore. I saw this on the wire yesterday and felt like throwing up.

3. imjustagirl

Every time I've gone to a track or placed a bet with simulcasting, I've put $5 to show on whatever horse Robby's on.

Guess I'll save some money this way.

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Here's a weird twist: Albarado jumped on a legitimate Derby contender, Mucho Macho Man, as a result of Eibar Coa's broken vertebra. Coa got hurt (well, INJURED) exactly one day before the Risen Star at Fair Grounds, Albarado gets the mount and wins, stamping the horse as one of the ones. He got beat in the Louisiana Derby, but had a good excuse, throwing a shoe right at the start. Albarado still has a legit Derby horse, if he ain't in jail.

Oh, and another thing, Mucho's trainer, Kathy Ritvo, had a heart transplant at the age of 38 because of cardiomyopathy a few years ago.

5. imjustagirl

HAHAHAHAHA Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted