1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jocketty out in St. Louis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 3, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought cow town was Kansas City

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I forgot about Duncan. Where La Russa goes, Duncan will follow. That one's a sure thing.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

As a Cardinals guy, I'd like to see Joe Girardi step in STL as manager.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think he's waiting to be Don Mattingly's bench coach -- or even the other way around.

5. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

I think Girardi, an Illinois native, would take managing the Cardinals over telling stories while sitting on Mattingly's bench.

6. boots

boots New Member

There you go thinking again. I thought you had enough of that.
    Chilli Davis called St. Louis a cow town back in 1987, the year the Giants played the Cardinals in the NLCS. The quote was attributed to Jeffrey Leonard but he never said it, Davis did.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm going to save this post for posterity, for next time you say you don't provoke things on this board.

8. boots

boots New Member

Save the entire post. I would prefer that you wouldn't take it out of context.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The second part of the quote has nothing to do with the insult. And I've really never cared what you prefer, thank you.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i would assume girardi would wait to see what happens with torre and the yankees job.

11. boots

boots New Member

Sorry slappy, but it all goes together. If you're going to post what I said, don't do it out of context. That's all I'm asking and I'm pretty much through with it.

12. boots

boots New Member

Joe is not a lock for that gig if Torre leaves. Don and George have a good relationship. The people love Don.I think if Torre goes, Don would be offered the job. Joe would be a close second and I couldn't see him playing second fiddle on the Yankee bench after the great job he did in Florida.

Draft saved Draft deleted