1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Job openings at The Sports Network in suburban Philadelphia area

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by pmartin25, Apr 23, 2007.

1. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=other/misc/employment.htm

2. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

pmartin25,

Didn't you post this a couple of months ago?

I checked about 8 pages back on the job board and nothin' ... I searched for The Sports Network, Hatboro, and a handful of other keywords and nothin' ... I'm sure there was a thread bashing this place and their "jobs" because I very clearly remember posting on it. I even went back through my own posts and what I wrote is no longer there.

Did you delete it? :mad:

And to recap the mysterious missing thread ...

No one seriously interested in being a journalist would be interested with this place. The Sports Network's idea of covering a game is watching it on television and keeping track of a running boxscore, so that they can provide the stats to their subscribers immediately upon completion of said game. ::)

3. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

Wonderlic,

The other posting was deleted because we filled the position of soccer editor it was intended for with a very qualified candidate and didn't want any more resumes, as far as this posting, it is more for technology and administration openings, but i thought it relevant to this forum considering it is a sports site

In response to your criticisms of The Sports Network, I can only comment on what I know, which is how we operate in the soccer department, and what you say is not entirely accurate, the pr guys for Red Bull New York can attest to The Sports Network's presence at the game at Giants Stadium on Saturday as proof of that ...

I'm sorry you have such negative feelings for The Sports Network, but in my experience there it is a very pleasant place to work ...

4. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

I call bullshit. If the comments on that thread weren't overwhelmingly negative (and only one post was from me), that thread would still be around.

If true, I'm glad you got out to a game, for once. What was the occasion?

I don't doubt the pleasant working environment. I've met Phil Sokol, and I know a handful of folks who have come through your office. All good guys.

Even so, my previous post stands. And the deleted thread should have, too.

5. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Ladies Ladies hold your fire.

I don't understand why people post on this forum if all they are doing is to tell us that a job sucks or does not pay enough. Please if your going to post post because your interested or you have something important to say.

If TSN does not go to games and watch them on TV well thats how they do it. You don't work for them and if you don't want to work for them OK.
    Like the guy said they do go to games in the soccer department and they probably do that for most of the big games and events.

But in reality does it really matter what they do or how they do it? If you want to watch a game and write about it do it. If you can do stats by watching it on TV then do it. Stats Inc does the same thing. So other people but I don't see you have a big DON'T WORK HERE for Stats to.

Good Luck to anyone that sent them your resume.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Sports nut, if you were applying for a job, wouldn't you like to know the goods and the bads about it before you decided if you wanted to go after it?
    Yeah, if people are just going to bash a place time after time, that's one thing. But I don't think its that big of a deal to point out that a shop isn't the cat's meow others will make it out to be.

7. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Thank you.

And for the record ... a cease fire had been in effect for over 24 hours at the time of your post. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted