1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JK Rowling

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rpmmutant, Oct 15, 2007.

1. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Because, among other things, I maintain a Harry Potter blog for the newspaper's web site, I got chance to participate in the JK Rowling Book Tour in Los Angeles this morning. Typical news conference format, and we all got a chance to ask her one question. So for all you Harry Potter geeks out there, (and I mean that in the nicest way, because, quite frankly, I am one of them), what would you have asked her, if you only had one question?

2. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

How were you able to get grown men and women to obsess over a book meant for 11-year olds?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you are single, may try "Will you marry me, JK?"

She's got bazillions.

For real, maybe ask one think she might change if she went back to the original book.

Or is Harry meant to be a Christ-like figure.

5. Ask her what JK stands for.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I never quite understood what Hermione saw in Ron. He was funny, but he was kind of a whiny pussy for most of the books. I think I'd ask her to explain her attraction to him. If Harry wasn't going to end up with Hermione, I sure would have liked to see Ginny's non-existent character developed a bit more.

7. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Harry was never meant to be a Christ-like character. A number of other characters sacrificed their lives for the sake of others. His parents, examples 1 and 2. She addressed that during the book tour.
    JK is for Joanne Kathleen. Her publishers didn't think a woman writing about a boy wizard would appeal to boy readers. So instead of being Joanne Rowling, she changed it to JK.
    JK has said in the past that Hermione is an extension of herself. Maybe she has a soft spot for whiny, funny pussies. or at least did when she was a teenager.

8. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Can I borrow $100?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in like Flynn! :)

10. Can I borrow $1 million?

11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Fixed.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Harry was raised with the knowledge that he would have to die to defeat the bad guy and save everyone else. But he willingly goes to his death without fighting but doesn't die/is reborn.

No, that doesn't sound Christ-like.

Draft saved Draft deleted