1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Zorn Fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 4, 2010.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

To Jim Zorn: You got out while the getting was good. Your health will be better for it.
    To Mike Shanahan: Enjoy your perfect hair for now. You won't have any of it left once you start dealing with the prick that is your top boss.
    To Dan Snyder: A working hot tub with a toaster thrown in.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bills coaching staff fired.

http://www.apnews.com/ap/db_8317/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=IfcXj8zv&src=cat&dbid=8317&dbname=Top+News&detailindex=9

(I'm not sure we need multiple threads about crappy management seeing to it that the coaches take the fall.)

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

ok, i understand the money. but as most of us are in an industry with some horrible, horrible owners/upper management. would money really make you want to work for a zell or the guy at the trenton paper? i know we're talking millions, but he'll likely get millions wherever he lands.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

WaPo is reporting Redskins One, or whatever, landed in the Denver area this morning.

Also, Billick is apparently putting together a staff for Buffalo. Who knows if that's true...

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder how many coaches said no to Buffalo before they got to Billick.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

For all the comments about Campbell not being the problem, how long a contract and for how much? Is Campbell as good as David Garrard? I wouldn't pay him David Garrard money but then again, I wouldn't have paid David Garrard either.

7. JackReacher

No idea what he's making now, but I'd sign him for three years and give him a raise.

Edit: Campbell made 2.8 in 2009. Garrard made 5.4. I'd give Campbell 3 years, 12 mil., maybe 2 years, 8 mil.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Garrard has a 6 year deal for $60 million with $18 million guaranteed. Your offer indicates that you don't believe Campbell is a quality long-term answer.

9. JackReacher

Depends on what you consider long-term. I don't think a three-year deal, in which he may play one or two, is long-term. In any case, I think he's certainly a better answer than to draft and play a rookie. I just want to see what he can do behind a decent -- not great, just decent -- offensive line.

Four mil a year isn't exactly breaking Danny's bank.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It probably also depends on whether or not there is a labor agreement as well. I can see Snyder spending like a maniac if there is an uncapped year. Never mind that there could be a cap back in place by 2011.

11. JackReacher

Yeah. I'm definitely not taking that into consideration, mainly because I don't understand exactly what could happen with all that.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No kidding. There are some funky rules attached, like a bunch of unrestricted free agents staying restricted.

Draft saved Draft deleted