1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Trotter out at SI?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bristol Insider, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bedard walks the fine line of being technical, but readable. A lot of great NFL writers can't do that.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think Bedard is overly technical, just presents a lot of information. Football's not that complex a topic for readers to grasp.

3. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, but there are writers (some really good ones) who seem determined to use as much football terminology as possible without explaining it.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, let me do a caveat: MMQB is, to me, its own thing, and I kinda like what King's done there. (Although I still think King's the best thing about it.)

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Seems like MMQB is taking over all the NFL coverage for SI. Even the magazine uses
    the MMQB logo now. If MMQB brings in a new west coast based NFL writer, I
    guess we'll know what happened. Maybe they look to someone with more of
    a Seattle presence.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Except that this EXACT quote can be said about too many in the industry at the moment.

7. Mizzougrad96

8. Pete Wevurski

Pete Wevurski Member

Good reporter and a better person. I was happy to hire Jim Trotter and add him to my Tacoma News Tribune team back in the late '80s: John Clayton, Mike Kahn, Larry Larue, Bart Wright, Don Borst -- a Murderer's Row that sure made me look good. Wishing Jim godspeed in landing his next gig. I don't expect him to be looking long.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

A really good guy. I first met Jim when Pete Wevurski interviewed me for a job in Tacoma.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was only a matter of time.

11. TopSpin

TopSpin Member

That didn't take long at all. Trotter tweets, "Happy to be joining the ESPN family. Can't wait to get to work."

https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/446408427766423552

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And he's a better person ...

Draft saved Draft deleted