1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Tressel gives away a million...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chazp, Jul 14, 2007.

1. chazp

chazp Active Member

Hope this isn't a DB, but CSTV is reporting Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel donated one million dollars to Youngstown State on Friday to help the school build a new practice facility for the football team. A coach giving away a million? I'm impressed. Good for him. Yes, he coached there for 15 years, but giving back a million is a pretty classy move if you ask me.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

No different than Nino Brown giving out turkeys in New Jack City.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Unavailable for comment

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tressel's makin' it rain!

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Tressel must have owed the Mahoning County Mafia big time for his success. How else would he have gotten so successful at YSU and win a 1-AA title with that program?

6. Four titles

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

And Mount Union is squeaky fucking-clean...right?

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Lesson #24,152 on why rookies and junior members still don't understand why anything written in blue is called sarcasm. NOLS, you should know that rule by now. Reilly, step up and take your whuppin'.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I understand the blue, but it's the way it was written.

10. chazp

chazp Active Member

Threadjack of my own thread: D3 is that a photo of Lancelot Link? I loved his show as a kid. Where did you get that photo?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Great reference. "And the natives go wild."

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Forgive me for being the first to rain on this parade. but I'd be more impressed if Tressel donated $1 million for cancer research or to the Make-A-Wish foundation, or heaven forbid, to improve the academic facilities at YSU.

Draft saved Draft deleted