1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Leavitt out at USF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lucas Wiseman, Jan 8, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. Ridiculous to use that to accuse Snyder of anything. Then again, look at the source (amazingly enough, I'm not talking about Zag).

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Another rumored name: Calvin Magee, Michigan's offensive coordinator. He's a USF grad, I believe.

Of course, Michigan has really lit it up since RichRod, Magee and Co. arrived in Ann Arbor.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

No way Dawsey gets the job. He has never run an offense much less a program. Too raw.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And apparently it went to his head.

(From John Romano's column in Friday's St. Pete Times: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/qualities-that-helped-football-coach-jim-leavitt-succeed-with-usf-bulls/1064198)

Not only is it not appropriate for a coach to physically assault a player, it's even more inappropriate to do that, then play the "I'm the biggest swingin' dick in this town" card with both the kid and the people investigating the incident.

Romano also has a good column on who USF should consider next.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Leavitt's not going away quietly, like anyone who knows or has covered him is surprised by that fact, saying the allegations against him have been 'misreported'.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/11/leavitt-wants-job-back-says-firing-usf-unwarranted/sports-colleges-bulls/

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He has to say that. It's the difference between slinking away with $66,000 in severance pay or the $7 million or so on the contract.

They will settle for $1.2 million I am guessing.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yeah, good call.

The university latched onto these allegations to be able to fire him "for cause" so they could get away with getting rid of him for cheap and this is his counter move.

I think $1.2 might be a little low but it will be in that neighborhood, though I could see it go as high as like $2 million.

Draft saved Draft deleted