1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Lampley Busted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 4, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Rome said that if it's true, it's brutal and that, hopefully, it's a giant misunderstanding.

He said about 10 times, "I hope that's not true."

Fairly rare because Rome rarely repeats himself. :)

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

"This isn't a mistake...it will stick to you forever...IF it's true...I hope it's not true...I can't tell you how disappointed I will be...As bright a guy as he is, this is all people will think about..."

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

"If it's true...and it's looking pretty bad right now." Wow. Props to Rome for total honesty and no spinning. Like I said earlier, Lamps is too smart to be making such a stupid mistake. Man, crazy.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

And the clones are KILLING him because he's always on them about sentence structure, etc. Fucking hillarious emails, as sad as the situation is. And, to his credit, Rome's reading them! Oh, man, Lamps is going to fall hard if this it true.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Flag! "Unnecessary roughness, Football Bat. Fifteen yards, first down."

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

RokSki, with six of the past 10 posts on this thread, you clearly care about it more than the rest of us. You can stop transcribing Romey's comments for the rest of us now. We'll turn it in if we decide to give a shit.

Rack me, I'm out!

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The only thing better than listening to Rome is reading a game log of his show.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Grrrrrrrrr-eat.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Late.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sounds like you got burned before. But to paint these generalizations with the broadest brush possible is a mistake.

Tell the woman who's been beaten to a pulp by her husband that it's not fair for her to "hide in anonymity" when she presses charges.

The system has no problem busting women who commit domestic violence (that Tawny what's-her-name) and they are presumed just as guilty in the court of public opinion. It's just that most often those who commit these acts happen to be male.

12. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I hate to interrupt what was becoming a very promising Romey thread-jack, but you've got to be kidding.

Draft saved Draft deleted