1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Lampley Busted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 4, 2007.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

IJAG,

I don't know the circumstances of his arrest, but I've had the chance to work with Lampley in the past and he has been professional and generous with his time.

As to hitting women, I know you meant hitting a person. Domestic abuse and physical violence towards anybody shouldn't be tolerated.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Career over.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

Yeah, right.

I remember a Fungo in The National, it was Jim Brown, OJ Simpson and now Lampley.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Jim wouldn't have dared strike Bree.

She would've lobbed his dick off with her claw.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nah, Fuck Due Process, lets lynch the bastard right next to the Duke nonrapists ::)

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If true, this is obviously very disappointing.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Me neither. Guess along with being the smartest guy in The Jungle, Rome will have to describe him as one of the most abusive.

I'm , err, he's out.

8. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

You're forgetting a very simple fact -- when it comes to "rape" or "domestic violence," the man is always guilty until proven innocent and the woman is allowed to hide in antonymity, whether her charges are bogus or not. Even if the, ahem, "domestic violence" is nothing more than a guy slamming a book on the ground or slamming a door too hard.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Wow. If this is true - and a repeated offense - damn, I didn't know anything about this. He's definitely lost a lot of respect in my book.

He seems like a smart guy, too. He should be too smart to be doing this crap. I'm really stunned.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Rome mentioned this story in the first 10 minutes of the show and said he would "hit on it" later.

I am out.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Cool, Jim Rome is going to talk about this today on his radio show. It'll be interesting to see how he deals with this issue given Lamps fills in regularly for him. Hmmmm.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

He's talking about it right now. Stressing no details disclosed. Booked on dissuading a witness, violating a restraining order. "If it's true, it's brutal...it's cowardly."

Draft saved Draft deleted