1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Gray: Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pringle, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fuck Jim Gray. Fuck Him.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is some interesting reading...

So am I reading that correctly? Iverson punked Jim Gray by giving him a bullshit phone number?

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Maybe A.I. just doesn't find Jim Gray attractive, but didn't want to embarrass him by turning him down so instead he embarrassed him in front of the whole nation. Well played!

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My Jim Gray story: 2002 NBA Finals in LA. I’ve got great seats & Jim Gray is doing the sideline thing.

During time outs, Gray’s kissing every celebrity ass in site – including Tom Arnold’s. It’s hugs & kisses all around. Typical LA star fucking bullshit.

I’ve got an aisle seat, so as Jim comes by, I get his attention. “Hey Jim,” I say. “Chad Curtis is a few rows back and he’s looking to talk to you.”

He looked at me blankly and slumped away.

I hope I ruined his night.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I hope you did too.
    Also, as far as the story I thought it was a strange read. It went from being a normal news story to a column at the end. Was it supposed to read as a column the entire time?

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Couldn't have happened to a bigger, more deserving dick.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

And then whoever was on the other end played along??

9. I hate Jim Gray. HATE him. I dislike sideline reporters in general, but especially hate Gray. He's got no personality and asks the same, stupid boring questions every halftime and after every game. I click on mute every time he's on the air, but it drives me crazy when they put the cameras on him and his pointless interviews with celebrities in the game instead of the game. If the NBA was on the fringe of my interests, his presence would be enough to make me never watch the broadcast again. Unfortunately, I like the rest of the product too much, and I'll deal with Gray to watch the high-level basketball. I wish TV broadcasts with get rid of sideline reporters altogether, but I especially wish they get rid of Jim Gray. The local broadcasts that have no sideline reporters are such better TV products.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

On the other hand, leave Jim Gray in the NBA. As long as he never darkens a Major League Baseball game again with his moronic presence, the world will be better off.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

We talking 'bout accuracy.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Maybe Jim was sticking with the denim vest.

Yamma hamma.

Draft saved Draft deleted