1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Bowden has cancer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There's a story in the Post, I'm too lazy to link right now. My guess is Nationals.com has it, too. Skin cancer, delayed surgery until after the season.
    I don't much like him as a GM but that's not the point here. I hope he makes a complete recovery. I wouldn't wish that evil shit on my worst enemy.

2. Moderator1

Here's the Post. I was wrong about Nationals.com. Nothing there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/20/AR2008102002034.html

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That sucks. Hope he gets better soon.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've often wanted to try to bash some sense into Bowden's skull.

But with this situation, I would have drawn from my own experience with testicular cancer. I sat on mine for over a year. I was EXTREMELY lucky it didn't spread. He must remain constantly vigilant lest the cancer metastasize further.

I'm not a huge fan of Bowden's, but like Moddy, I wouldn't wish this shit on anyone.

5. Moderator1

This is not funny but you did have a funny line in there. Sat on yours? I needed to laugh (not because of this, because of a bunch of other shit).

6. forever_town

I understand. Sometimes it's cool to be unintentionally funny.

7. Moderator1

Laughter helps, even in shitty situations.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

When he was diagnosed in June, doctors recommended surgery within the month but he waited until the end of the season, wondering the entire time whether the cancer was spreading. Really, really foolish decision.

9. forever_town

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Bad choice to wait on skin cancer. Very bad.

11. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

He was given the gift of early detection and squandered it. What an idiot. That said, here's for a speedy recovery.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hope he is better at selecting oncologists than starting pitchers.

Draft saved Draft deleted