1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jewish People, Are You Annoyed by Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When 21 comes over she lets me decorate her

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Westcoastvol just twitched and doesn't know why.

3. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I'm Jewish and 95 percent of the Christmas stuff I see is so non-religious that it doesn't bother me. The only thing that bothers me a little is when strangers say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays" as if it never even occurred to them that it would be possible for someone to not celebrate Christmas. And even that is probably a little too nitpicky on my part.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bill O'Reilly hates you now.

But Bill can suck it.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

why do you hate tim whatley?

[​IMG]

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

When people who know I'm Jewish say "Merry Christmas" I get annoyed. If it's said by someone who doesn't know, it doesn't bother me.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I went to college with a Catholic girl whose ex-boyfriend was Jewish. She told us that the first time she met his family, is grandmother announced in front of everybody that "Shiksas are to have sex with, not to marry."

Last I heard, she had gone back to the guy. :)

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just wish them a Happy Channukah.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Another reason Montana rules.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

NOW she tells me.

Look, I have three sons and, even if those foreskins could be found, I wouldn't be able to just glue 'em back on, you know!! :-\ ;)

11. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

There isn't a thing wrong with having Christmas-related items in your house as you entertain Jews, just as there's nothing wrong with having Chanukah items in your house as you entertain Christians.

There isn't a thing wrong with displaying one's beliefs, and anyone who tones it down simply because people of other faiths might come over is doing a disservice to their friends, who in all probability understand and respect the religious convictions of that individual/family.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know what annoys me? A menorah!

Draft saved Draft deleted