1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets: We don't really want to win this season ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Aug 24, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why not just hold their ground on the money, but hold him to his contract? Treat him with respect, but expect him to play.

Kendall may have started this, but the Jets really screwed it up every way possible.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

In the "We Can Cut Your Fucking Ass Anytime We Want To" League, there are times don't mind when players outplay their contracts and demand more money.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fuck that guy. Everyone's replaceable. Jets won nothing with him, they can win nothing without him. Redskins have not proven to be geniuses with their recent personnel moves, so they can suck it as well.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If the NFL wouldn't allow teams to cut guys so easily, then it wouldn't have as many guys hold out every year.

I'm no jock-sniffer, but I can't stand how NFL players can just be cut so easily. I'd fight for every damn penny I was worth, too.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Records of the Great Pete Kendall's teams:

1996 SEA: 7-9
    1997 SEA: 8-8
    1998 SEA: 8-8
    1999 SEA: 9-7
    2000 SEA: 6-10
    2001 ARI: 7-9
    2002 ARI: 5-11
    2003 ARI: 4-12
    2004 NYJ: 10-6
    2005 NYJ: 4-12
    2006 NYJ: 10-6
    2007 WASH: 7-9

6. TheSportsPredictor

I agree with you. I would do the same thing as Pete Kendall if I had the chance. He got his, and he will once again play for a crap team.

I am directing this more at those lamenting the loss of Pete Kendall. It's laughable.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Flyover country doesn't give a damn about Pete Kendall and the Jets.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

And some of us in the NY area don't give a shit about Pete Kendall, either.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But it does about the Royals passing the White Sox to move into fourth place! :D

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, ya. Good for you. God, do the White Sox suck. Ah, who cares, it's football season.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

It is for White Sox fanboyloosers.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Interior linemen of Kendall's caliber aren't easy to come by. Have you contributed to an intelligent conversation on this site, fanboy looser?

Draft saved Draft deleted