1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets to hire Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

So sayeth ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3843174&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

An excellent hire, I think. He's a good fit, particularly because of the 3-4 defensive scheme he likes so much.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I like this one, too, though that may just be the Steelers fan in me wanting him out of the AFC North. Ryan is an excellent defensive coach.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Lewis, Suggs and Bart Scott are free agents. No way all three are signed. Scott could be a Jet next year.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Considering Lewis is five years older than Scott and seven years older than Suggs -- are we sure it will be Scott or Suggs who will be the odd man out?

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

As a Jets fan, I'm pretty happy with this development. That organization needs a coach that has a good defensive mind and can build and orchestrate a good defense.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Ray Lewis as a Jet? That would be a splash they'd probably like to make. I agree with you they would be better served holding on to the other two (the Ravens, that is).

8. Hired 2 B fired.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Lions passed on Ryan so it seems the logical thing is for Ryan to become the next brilliant mind in football.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Any word on Ryan taking Hue Jackson with him to be his OC? The scuttlebutt in Cincy is that Marvin Lewis wants to bring back Jackson to be his OC but Ryan supposedly wants him too.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Word in NY is Jets want to keep Schottenheimer Jr. as OC. Why I'll never know.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

But what does Brett Favre have to say about the hire??

Draft saved Draft deleted