1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jets and Giants clinch playoff berths, and that's all that matters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopCoog, Dec 31, 2006.

1. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

I live in the middle of the U.S. and all I've heard in the national media all week is what the Jets and Giants need to do to make the playoffs. And now they have made the playoffs, it's non-stop talk on ESPN and it's flashing as breaking news at the bottom of ESPN News.
    OK, when will people outside NY get it? We don't care about NY or its teams. There are other stories in the NFL this week that are much more compelling that a pair of .500 teams getting through the backdoor into the playoffs. We don't care, Sean Salisbury. Most of America doesn't care about New York as much as everyone thinks.
    But I'm sure within a few weeks there will be a blizzard come through NY and paralyze the city for a day and we'll all be forced to deal with it in the national news. The world will stop. Guess what New Yorkers, you don't like blizzards then freaking move.
    Good day.

2. KP

KP Active Member

Jets were 10-6, just saying.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SnoopCoog, why do you hate America?

Draft saved Draft deleted