1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jethro Tull

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Can't think of anything too witty because I'm still working on Versatile Algebra:

18, Wisconsin
    Arizona State 32, Wisconsin 30 = ----------------- = Wisconsin's a totally better bowl team, yo!
    22, Arizona State

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Always thought that the intro to Locomotive Breath would make
    a great "walk to the plate" song.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I was/am a big Jethro Tull fan, at least vintage Tull, and for my money they never made a better album than Stand Up, and their best song by far (to me) was Fat Man. I still listen to it regularly. I also love Benefit, which has arguably their best three-song sequence of With You There To Help Me> Nothing To Say > Inside. Aqualung is a great album, but it's been played into the ground by classic rock radio, although I did hear My God on Deep Tracks a few days ago, which was nice.

I thought they got too "out there" beginning with Thick As A Brick and really lost the bit with Passion Play. But Minstrel In the Gallery and Songs From The Wood are a couple of really underrated records. I kind of lost interest, though, after Heavy Horses. Interests changed, etc. But those early Tull records are gold. And, yes, I can almost taste the bong every time I play Benefit. 8)

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was listening to 'Thick as a Brick' last weekend.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I've read that Anderson was not happy with Aqualung. Didn't turn out how he wanted. He wasn't able to get the right mix/sound.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Speaking mixing/sound -

“I once went down to Neil’s ranch and he rowed me out into the middle of the lake—putting my life in his hands once again. He waved at someone invisible and music started to play, in the countryside. I realized Neil had his house wired as the left speaker, and his barn wired as the right speaker. And Elliot Mazer, his engineer, said ‘How is it?’ And Neil shouted back . . . ‘More Barn!’” —Graham Nash, talking about how Neil Young first played him Harvest.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hymn 43 rocks. That's all I got.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't give me that 'woe is me' stuff.

You finished 32 wins ahead of me this season, and the heart of pitching rotation is on a single-start week.

I'm the underdog here.

9. Machine Head

My friend, that was then, this is now.

I have pitching, batters are not what they were. I've lost my outfield. CarGo was huge for me. That's the way it goes. Pitching has to carry me. You have batters.

No excuses, like I said we ride. I am proud to be going head-to-head with you.

I came home today with two turntables! I'm totally geeked. Found a deal I couldn't walk away from. Have to get back to applying oil to the speaker cabinets and getting the grills and badges set. The first growler seems to be helping the process along!

10. Machine Head

I very much hope Young's Pono thing works out.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Let's look at the season stat totals.
    You finished ahead of me in all six offensive categories, including 124 more runs, 42 more homers, 27 more RBIs and 100 more SBs.
    You finished ahead of me in four of six pitching categories.

You're trailing me now, but you're within striking distance in seven of eight categories.
    I know how this ends for me.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Metallica never got the license plate number of that bus that hit them.

Draft saved Draft deleted