1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jet-setting with Bubbler for 7:35

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Thanks for a few good laughs, Bubbler.

I loved this part:
    I look forward to my next fly so I can start making up vivid stories like this about the people on my flight.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Mexican Dan Fogelberg.

Grade A stuff.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

... Where the air is fresh and clean
    Oh my Candida
    Just take my hand and I'll lead ya
    I promise that life will be sweeter ...

See, this is your problem Bubbler, your amazing ability to write and make me laugh aside... You go and do something cool like get conceived to Dawn's Candida (and bless your parents for being able to stay in the moment), but you somehow get aced out of the Tony Orlando experience (since you are getting Dawn anyhow, don't you want the whole shibang?).... Or was the Albanian version of Tony Orlando sitting next to Mexican Dan Fogelberg in seat 13A?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here's a fact few people know: "Rise" was a hit in Europe at 35% faster speed.

DJs in the UK played the 12" single at 45 rpm, while it should've been played at 33 1/3 rpm. Since it was an instrumental, nobody knew better.

Thanks again to Casey Kasem for that nugget.

5. The Shocker

The Shocker Member

Would you say that the Euro-peon's glasses were octagonal?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Rise was originally supposed to be at that tempo for the American audience too, but when someone looped the tape with the groove on it at a slower speed, they thought it was cool and went with the version we all know.

On a side note, thank God for the interweb. After having heard Rise and Rotation, another cool mellowed-out track from the Rise album, I actually considered putting the Rise album on my short list. Then I listened to a preview on Amazon or something, and other than one other track, let's just say they culled the cream of the Rise crop for the best of.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You saw Lou Brown!!?!?!??!

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Top notch Bubber.

Was euro dude wearing teva's with socks or no socks and badly clipped toe nails.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fuck that was good. I was, in fact, riveted.

10. Bubbler

Didn't notice. Could only see his rejected-from-a-Kraut rock band-haircut.

11. Bubbler

I'd like to call bullshit on myself from THE FUTURE!

Years later, I saw the "Rise" LP priced to sell so I snagged it. It's the shit and I was wrong in 2007. That is all.

Liut and maumann like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You should sue Dawes, man.

Draft saved Draft deleted